Home renovations can be an expensive affair. A well-maintained dream house is harsh on the pocket. Though the actual value of the home depends on lot many factors, a recent report by “ Remodelling Magazine” says that every $100 spent on Kitchen renovation your kitchen can increase the value of the home by $83.
To build the kitchen of your dreams with a large island and granite countertops, a breakfast bar and copper range hood, kitchen renovations come with a hole in your pocket. Whether you go for traditional design for a warm look, a modern design for a sleek cool look or even a transitional design with a blend of both, all designs and renovation will cost you a lot which you may not like to spend.
Planning can save a lot of overspending and can give a value of the money spent.
Here are the eight budget-friendly ideas for kitchen renovation which will help to change the appeal of the kitchen while being pocket-friendly:
1) Facelift your cabinets: Cabinets are the most visible area of the kitchen, but If you replace the old cabinet, your cost will increase in multiple folds, so a good idea is to do spray painting on the doors. This minor cost effective facelift will give a new look to the kitchen.
2) Change the lights: Install new ceiling lights and give your kitchen a brighter look. Switch completely to LEDs which have a long life and saves electricity bills too. You can use plugin strips and rope lights too.
3) Paint the ceiling: Since the ceiling is the most affected part by smoke and kitchen stains, a fresh coat of paint on the ceiling will help a lot.
4) Use backsplash: Add a backsplash to give a complete look to the kitchen. You can find a variety of options available in the market at a much less cost.
5) Change hardware of the cabinets: Changing the hardware of the cabinets also gives a new feel of a new cabinet. It will be much less costly as compared to changing the whole cabinet.
6) Decorative materials: Apply accessories like decorative wallpapers, decorative fixtures modern lights, pendants etc to increase the appeal of the kitchen.
7) Upgrade the electrical appliances: Change the old appliance with the latest energy efficient ones. They will be friendly on the electricity bills and will also be a good idea to give your kitchen a new look.
8) Speak to real estate agent: Always before planning for a kitchen renovation, take an idea of the real estate rate going on in your area. This way user can prevent overspending on your home.
Why choose Kitchen and Bath?
Regardless of your personal taste and preference Kitchen and Bath can always help you to provide best of kitchen renovations. We give a free consultation with the highest level of customer service and effective price to turn your dream kitchen into reality.